Sunday, September 30, 2007

Week 5 Day 1

This is the beginning of my 5th week of a sixteen week venture from fat to fit. I have to admit, there are some very challenging times overcoming the burning desire to eat, especially later in the evening. I am following the philosophy of eating non-processed foods and ensuring that I get a protein with every meal. As you may have noticed, I usually have a meal that consists of solely protein; this is consumed after a workout to help in the recovery and reduce the hunger that often follows after a good workout.

My workouts have changed over the last 4 weeks too. At first, I was working with bodyweight exercises along with my TRX which is also just another means by which I can use my bodyweight to exercise. However, now that my shoulder has begun to feel better, I have introduced weight training into my routine as well. I can say with certainty that weight bearing exercises really make a difference in changing my bodyweight composition.

At the conclusion of four weeks, my weight is relatively the same as it was when I started, yet my clothes fit much looser in the waist and a bit tighter in the arms and chest. I can also see where my body fat has reduced as well. As of yesterday, when I measured my fat by body weight caliper, I have lost another millimeter from last week. If I can continue to do that, I will be down to about 10% body fat by the conclusion of this experiment.

Date: 29 Sep 07

Day: 1

Week 5

FOOD

Exercise

Oats & Protein

DB Side Raise

DB Front Raise

Chicken and Steak soup

DB Arnold Press Superset 3x8

Fish (3oz) ½ yam

DB Rear raise

Upright Rows Superset 3x8

Banana

Double Crunch

Chicken and Steak soup

DB Shrugs Superset

Protein

HIIT 30 Min elliptical machine

1 C ff plain yogurt, 1 C puffed wheat cereal and ¼ c mixed nuts

If you would like more information about the exercises or recipes for any of the meals my lovely wife makes, visit me at www.fitforfreenj.com or email me at Rob

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

UR STILL GOIN WELL. GREAT. I FOUND THAT MY DESIRE TO EAT BAD FOOD IS ALMOST TOTALLY GONE. I HAVE A VERY SHORT MEMORY FOR FOOD TASTE.I RATHER COMPLETELY CUT THEM OUT THAN HAVE VERY RARE TREATS CAUSE ITS EASIIER NOT TO EAT THEM IF U CANT REALLY REMEMBER HOW GOOD THEY ARE. LOL

Sickofthegut said...

I too have been lucky with not having any cravings for bad food, which is great cause I used to be able to pack away hohos and sodas like they were going out of style!!

Thats great to hear about the clothes fitting better!

I think Im gonna add my own heavy weight routine too when I get to week 9, but we'll see.

Keep it up man!! Were watching.

Sam said...

dude, you're doing an incrdible job!!! great job losing the inches/MM... that's REALLY great to hear! You may name always notice a change but its there!! i'm curious to konw what your post meal is though. Keep up the great job, i must say my motivation has increased. I have a certain coworker whom spend "literally" hours in the gym. he said he spend 1hr alone on tricepts... i was like wtf? that's way too long!!! and he's always bragging like he's got bragging rights, so i wanna pull up my shirt in 6 wks and be like "YEAH" haha. I want to get down to 5-6% BF, i can't wait for monday morning to hit the Resistance and Ab workout!!

Keep pushing! You're doing GREAT bro!!!

NO PRISONERS! NO MERCY!

AOWWWW AOWWW AOWWW!!!

Iambatman said...

I thought you had more pics up?

You're looking great! Keep it up!!

MannyRSX said...

Hey Rob! Its been a while since i visited your blog and im glad to see the progress you archieved !! Great Job Man.

And im happy that the clothes fits you better, its part of the plan anyways isnt it ? :P

Take care and keep going, your doing great!