Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A few thoughts

It has been awhile since I posted on my blog. I find that often work will supersede my pleasures at times. I am also behind on my weekly picture, but I assure you that I will have one up for week 8. Nevertheless, I am still monitoring my progress and as I look over the past 6 plus weeks, I have discovered that I have only lost 8 pounds on the scale. However, I have really lost inches off my waist and gained inches on my chest and arms.

I found that this past weekend, I really needed a break from working out. It is the first time that I took two consecutive days off. The payoff was a great workout on Monday. I have also instituted the practice of doing three sets of pushups and pull-ups before each day of work. This has really caused my repetition numbers to improve as well as my strength.

The logging of work and food has also shown me that I need to reduce my cheat days and increase my cardio. I feel this is the only way I will truly be able to develop a body that has an exposed 6 pack in the mid section

7 comments:

Sam said...

Keep up the great work bro!! You're doing great, its wonderful when you can see a difference in your body. Bigger chest.. that's every mans goal. Keep pushing and let nothing stop you!! Stay strong! AOWWW AOWWW AOWWW!!!

Anonymous said...

i hate cardio.its the worst but its so important. keep it up...ur doin great

Sickofthegut said...

Glad to hear from you again. The weight isnt so important, but the inches youv've lost are! Im still losing an average of 2-2.5 lbs a week but Im trying not to pay too much attention to that, I care about what the mirror and my clothes say!

Keep up the great work man, were with you!!

Iambatman said...

I'm with you 100%. My cheat days meals are starting to catch up to me. I need to cut that out.

Good idea doing the pushups and pullups each morning.

Sam said...

What i've found, my manager at work and me workout alot during the day. and he's supplementing meals for Muscle Milk (its actually REALLY good).

Without screwing with your heart and suck with the metabolism increases... he's drinking muscle milk 2 times a day, luncha nd dinner. and we do pushups and pullups 5 days a week.

He was 217lbs, he's now 211 after only 2-3 days of that diet.

Just thought you may be intersted, combined with arnels program i think it MAY give you more drastic results. Take a multi-vitamin with the shake and you should goood. Just a suggestion, keep up the great work.

I'm switching to Animal Pack (bitamins) and Whey Protein Isolate (50grams protein) and im gonna start lifting heavy and keep my cardio high. right nowi m doing 5 rounds its actually gotten easier, my first 2 rounds im running at 12mph then i drop down to 11 then 10 mph for the last 2 high insensities.

Keep up the great work bro!!

I've cheated a few times in the last few days, eating reeses and a chalupa from tacobell.. but my cheats are NOT regular.. i have extreme guilt.. haha. thats why i push myself harder in the gym.

NO PRISONERS! AOWWW! NO MERCY AOWWW!

Iambatman said...

What's been going on???

You still hittin' it hard??

I know YOU haven't given up on us!! Where's the update!!??

Perfumes said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.